Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Simplifier? We’ve got a position open for the right superstar…Read below.
Office Manager | Executive Assistant | Undercover Superhero
The Simplifiers Job Description
Reports to: Owner/Senior Event Planner (Mary Baird-Wilcock)
Salary: $TBD hourly, based on experience – 25-40 hours a week, M-F
Benefits: sick leave + 24/7 free access to on-site gym and swimming pool facilities at office
Company Description: The Simplifiers, founded in 2003, are a full service event planning and personal concierge firm that specializes in planning and designing award-winning non-traditional corporate events, weddings, social events (holiday parties, dinner parties, birthdays & milestone celebrations), fundraisers/galas, themed events and more. We help people simplify their lives.
Position Summary: This is a highly-responsible position that provides analysis and administrative support to all staff with emphasis on event planning, personal concierge, human resources and customer service support. The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of substantive, programmatic, and logistical function guidance to staff, interns/apprentices and volunteers to achieve these ends. Entry level position with potential to advance to Director of Operations role with gained experience.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN EVENT PLANNING POSITION…we are looking for a superstar who loves supporting event planners by making sure our office runs efficiently and equally ensures our vendors and clients are taken care of, on an administrative level, at the high level of customer service we’re known for.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files for all client events, tracking current vendor invoices and payments, to ensure information is readily available and usable
- Proactively coordinate, manage and provide executive-level administrative support to ensure smooth operations and achievement of corporate objectives. Administrative support related to the various program functions as needed (ie.- running payroll, data entry, scanning, setting up files, etc.)
- Provide superior customer service, and quick, courteous responses to requests for assistance and information from both prospects, clients and vendors. Direct visitors and calls courteously to the services they need, exercise discretion and judgment in relaying messages and with callers that may be urgent
- Assist in research and preparing written correspondence and reports for all client events
- Coordinate all internal mailing and maintain corporate UPS/FedEx accounts
- Update vendor list regularly with assistance of on staff Event Planners and the Business Development Director
- Devise and implement creative solutions to both routine and complex tasks, responsibilities and projects
- Book in-bound prospect and client calls for appointments with Owner, Business Development Director and/or staff
- Aid in the efficient flow of the client intake process
- Participates as needed in special projects
- Complete office supply purchasing and distribution
- Potential to manage the reception area, ensuring effective telephone communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image
- Receive, refer and/or respond to e-mail, fax, phone call, and voice mail messages that are often of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Maintain master calendar of events (and meetings) for entire company via Google calendar
- Works with the organization to keep Blog, Twitter and Facebook accounts updated with press releases, news and information, as needed.
- Participate in weekly, staff and event planning meetings
- Anticipating information or logistical needs, maintaining visibility with and facilitating access to staff, and organizing effective materials for timely follow-up
- Complete data entry requirements for all database systems
- Serves as a liaison of the Senior Event Planner when working with clients
- Maintains archive for The Simplifiers on outreach and marketing efforts
- Potential to maintain training and continuing education of at least 3-5 hours per month in event planning – attending ISES meetings, workshops and educational classes, as available – paid up to $40/month reimbursement.
- Serve as primary contact and information source on Owner’s activities and respond to internal and external inquiries on their behalf, as needed
- Other tasks as required
Specialized Human Resource Duties:
(Full training will be provided on these duties and on Quickbooks software)
- Work with Quickbooks accounting software to prepare monthly financial statements, budgets, amended budgets and cash flow forecast. Produce weekly profit/loss statements for the Owner to review on Mondays.
- Establish and maintain all receivable and payables within a 30 day turn time along with preparing monthly invoices for multiple business lines as required to ensure compliance. Data entry of receivables and payables monthly into Quickbooks.
- Monitor all staff members’ timely submission of daily timesheets according to a predetermined schedule; data entry of timesheets into Quickbooks.
- Oversees the company’s Wellness program, ensuring our offices are stocked with healthy snack alternatives, especially during busy seasons.
- Communicate to staff members to ensure timely and complete submission of time and expense reports
- Assist in the ongoing development of organization-wide HR policies and procedures
- Interpret company policies and procedures
- Research human resource and personnel topics as they arise
- Stays current on trends in employment and other laws that affect The Simplifiers
- Participates in developing human resource goals, objectives, and systems
- Recommends new approaches to HR programs that are effective and consistent with corporate objectives and industry trends
- Prepares employee communications regarding company policies
- Develops and implements the human resource documents
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state, federal and local employment law and regulations.
- Assists and initiates ideas with Owner on succession planning, employee retention and employee wellness program.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years of related administrative experience preferred
- Experience handling highly sensitive and confidential business matters and information required
- Prior work experience supporting middle to senior management preferred
- Show initiative and must possess the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential for communication with internal staff, organizational partners, prospects and clients
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to successfully meet critical deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite software, with strong Microsoft Excel & Access skills. Quickbooks, Photoshop, Illustrator experience preferred.
- Ability to extract data and run reports from databases
- Ability to use basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to design and maintain effective record keeping systems
- Ability to work with little supervision and in a fast-pace environment
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, 2-3 references and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday, 02/05/2013. No phone calls please. This position is for immediate hire.
Working hard to keep that New Year’s Resolution of eating better or living healthier? No problem! We are here to help. This week’s cocktail, The Low Cal Long Island Tea, is a great alternative to the original which can pack up to 700 calories per serving.
It may be a little early in the year to be thinking about signature cocktail ideas for your 4th of July festivities but this Sunday, January 20th, just so happens to be the Presidential Inauguration.