Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Simplifier? We’ve got a position open for the right superstar…Read below.
Event Planner – FULL TIME (M-F 9a-6pm + 1 hour break/lunch) + on-site event hours
The Simplifiers Job Posting | 04/29/2014 | DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRI 5/2/14 by 4pm CST!
Reports to: Director of Events Division
Salary: TBD, based on experience
Benefits: vacation + sick leave, paid holidays, workers compensation insurance, payroll deductions and savings + complimentary access to on-site fitness center, gym and pool.
Company Description: The Simplifiers, founded in 2003, are an award-winning full service event planning and personal concierge firm that specializes in non-traditional corporate events, weddings, marketing activations, public events, themed events, social events and more. We help people simplify their lives.
Position Summary: Event Planner takes on the role of project manager to assist and develop our clients’ events through hands-on experience in the following primary areas:
- -Event Planning & Logistics
- -Budgeting & Contract Negotiations
- -Event Design & Decor
- -Vendor and Client Relations
- -Sales & Marketing
- -On-site Event Management + Execution
- -Serves as a liaison of The Simplifiers when working with clients
- -Assume ownership of logistics and project management for all programs, weddings, meetings and events assigned to you as lead planner
- -Calling Vendors
- -Develop individual, comprehensive event budgets: bucket + full for all events assigned
- -Assist Sales Manager with bid and proposal requests
- -Actively participate in sales meetings with prospective clients, in tandem with Sales Manager. Develop written proposal and event binder.
- -Develop individual, comprehensive event design concepts using the 6 A’s method; create a Pinterest board for every event assigned and collaborate with client.
- -Participate in weekly staff/team meetings, check-in’s and standing meetings to properly communicate progress on your events assigned.
- -Arrange and attend all meetings, appointments, venue site visits and travel schedules for all events assigned; Maintain master calendar of events in Google Calendar for any vendor appointments and client meetings you set
- -Complete data entry requirements for all database systems
- -Create individual, comprehensive production schedules for all events assigned and update frequently to properly communicate progress to the client, supervisor, Owner and the rest of the team
- -Assess risk and develop solutions using a SWOT analysis for all events assigned
- -Submit all vendor contracts/invoices for review and payment to Office Manager and Owner in a timely manner and update individual event budgets accordingly.
- -Coordinate and design layout of venue site plans for all events assigned
- -Create individual, comprehensive day-of timelines for all events assigned, distributing first draft to vendors at least 2 weeks prior to event date. Final draft goes out 1 week prior to event date.
- -Anticipate information or logistical needs, maintaining visibility with and facilitating access to staff, and organizing effective materials for timely follow-up
- -Proactively coordinate, manage and provide executive-level administrative support to ensure smooth operations and achievement of corporate objectives
- -Assist team in maintaining the archive for The Simplifiers, obtaining photos and videos from events you were the lead planner on, to later be used for outreach and marketing efforts
- -Maintain training and continuing education of at least 5 hours per month via ELI, ISES, NEAWP and/or other event industry workshop/webinar opportunities
- -2+ years experience in wedding planning or event planning (client facing role) with a sales/marketing, project management and event management background.
- -Must be available to work nights and weekends for events
- -Must be proficient in Word, Excel, & Powerpoint. Would like experience with WordPress Thesis, CAD space layout programs (Social Tables), Trello, Dropbox, Microsoft Access, Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience
- -Must value punctuality and shows up to all meetings, appointments and office hours on-time or early
- -Office hours must be completed in The Simplifiers offices
- -Have exceptional customer service & organizational skills
- -Excellent communicator – updating supervisor, client and events team of progress on assigned events
- -Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and/or events simultaneously
- -Show initiative and have experience working independently as well as within in a collaborative, professional environment
- -Be comfortable with e-mail, phone and in-person communication
- -Must have reliable transportation (in order to attend events & client meetings)
- -Dress appropriately
- -Ability to work with little supervision and in a fast-pace environment
- -Graduated from an accredited higher education institute with at least an overall GPA of 2.5+
- -Excellent writing and presentation skills, as well as proposal writing experience
- -An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- -At least 2 years experience on social media platforms – Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- -Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do as event planners, this position requires you to sign a confidentiality NDA (non-disclosure) agreement + non-compete
- -Must be willing and able to lift 25-40 lbs.
How to apply:
- Please send your cover letter, resume, 2-3 references and salary history to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm CST on FRIDAY, 05/02/2014. No phone calls please. This position is for immediate hire.
Can there be an Easter without a package of Peeps, much less a Peeptini? Never! In fact, any Easter weekend without Peeps is lacking its sugar rush ceremony, otherwise known as “binge eating an entire package of Peeps” before the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Who are we kidding? No adult actually has enough energy to keep up with the all-star egg hunting toddlers and their energy, with or without a Peep binge. Truthfully, one package of peeps just will not cut it. As adults, we may have been barred from the egg hunt, but we certainly have full access to the cocktail bar. Pour yourself your very own Peeptini and let the kids run wild and cover their easter dresses and slacks in newly minted grass stains.
- 1.5 ounces fluffed marshmallow vodka
- 0.5 ounce vanilla syrup, plus extra for rim
- 1 ounce cream
- 1 Peep
Pour a small amount of vanilla syrup onto one plate and sprinkle sugar onto another plate. Dip rim of glass in syrup and then into sugar to coat. Put vodka, syrup and cream in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake. Strain into glass. Garnish with a Peep!
So you bought several packages of peeps? Here are some other fun ways to play this Easter!
For the Chocolate Lover: S’meeps!
For the Lovers of Everything Pizza: Peepza!
And Finally, For the Mischievous at Heart: Peeps In The Microwave!! – You will just have to google that and find out!
This Peeptini signature drink idea was brought to you by The Simplifiers – Austin’s top event planning and personal concierge firm, offering full service wedding planning for luxurious events, dreamy events, quirky events and everything else in between. For more information, visit www.thesimplifiers.com or give us a jingle at 512.695.7744.