What would it take to relax your mind? Now, I’m not talking about numbing out or escaping from the stress and overwhelm but actually getting to a state of peace about where things are at, personally and professionally for you. Is it possible?
My special guest today is Peter Russell and he’s simplifying how to relax your mind. Spoiler alert: it’s all about letting go of your mindset as holding on creates tension and unmet expectations. Peter shows us that what we get hung up on are generally not the tangible problems we face in the present… but rather, the thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and expectations that we have about them. This is what trips us up, yet they aren’t actual things… they only exist in our mind. So, when we learn to strip them of their power, we relax our minds and gain greater peace of mind, no matter what turbulence might be happening around us.
My special guest today is Peter Russell and he’s simplifying how to relax your mind.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- For many “Type A control freaks,” it’s hard to let go… Peter shows us a better way, letting in and letting be
- In a culture that glorifies BUSY, how to return to a natural (relaxed) mind, yet still get things done
- What the parable of the rope is and how it applies to our minds
- If we release our thoughts, feelings, interpretations, beliefs and expectations, what’s left? What you could hold on to that creates a sense of identity and safety
- …and ultimately, how this practice of relaxing your mind helps to improve your relationships both personally and professionally.
Ok, let’s roll the tape back to September 2021 when this conversation originally aired and simplify how to relax your mind with author Peter Russell.
Q: Are you ready to relax your mind? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
What’s catching my eye this week
- On consciousness – a dialogue with Peter Russell – Eckart Tolle
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- November 2022 monthly forecast – A New Fertility – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
My challenge for you this week
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and relax your mind this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned
Book: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment – Eckhart Tolle
Resource: the Togetherness movement – Rage Club – Adam Wilder
Blog: Letters from an American – a newsletter about the history behind today’s politics – Heather Cox Richardson
Podcast: How to listen to your body, featuring Irene Lyon – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast