Today (I dare say) we are talking about the single-most important topic that we’ve covered on the podcast to date… Love. Divine Love. How to be loving… not only to others but equally to yourself. I mean, it’s the eternal life force and energy source at the root of all existence, right? So let’s talk about it.
My special guest today is Danielle LaPorte and she’s simplifying how to be loving. She believes that “Love is not a feeling or an emotion, but rather a state of consciousness.” It’s the glue that connects us all together collectively… In fact, we are never (really) alone or separated from Source.
And I have to say, this gentle, countercultural approach to living your life is not what you hear normally… to truly realize that you aren’t broken or need fixing or needing to buy more stuff to feel Loved. As D puts it, “What would change if you saw yourself––and others, through a Loving gaze? Everything. Everything would change.”
My special guest today is Danielle LaPorte and she is simplifying how to be loving.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- How she simplified her life over the last few years to clear the way and find her way home to Love
- What it means (to her) to lead a “heart-centered life and how to have self-compassion
- Where her belief systems have evolved from writing “The Desire Map” to where she is now, focused on embodiment
- Why she sees healing as a non-linear process, especially as it relates to forgiveness
- …and ultimately, how to trust the heart intelligence of Love (rather than fixating on a guru) to make wise decisions, calm your nervous system, and experience greater peace.
As always, ping me over on Instagram @thesimplifiers – and tell me your thoughts:
- What new ideas did this conversation spark for you?
- What does Love mean to you?
Share this episode with a friend and discuss it together. The accountability found in just one trusted friend or colleague is immeasurable in helping you make forward progress.
You can do it, I believe in you… it’s time to simplify!
Q: Are you ready to learn how to be (more) loving? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing
What’s catching my eye this week
- What it really means when we say, “I love you” – Danielle LaPorte – With Love, Danielle
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
My challenge for you this week
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and try to be (more) loving this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned
Book: Emptiness Dancing – Adyashanti
Podcast: How to create your life with intention, featuring Danielle LaPorte – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast